Epidemiology in Action with R-Studio Course
This course is directed at public health professionals who wish to learn epidemiology or to review how epidemiology is used in disease investigations. This training includes discussions of descriptive epidemiology, ecology of infections, biostatistics, public health surveillance, field investigations and table-top case exercises based on actual field investigations and hands-on computer training using Epi-Info. Selected prevalent diseases in North America are also discussed.
Familiarity with the vocabulary and principles of basic epidemiology; participants are recommended to complete CDC’s Principle’s of Epidemiology self-study course or equivalent.
Registration Fee: $2000
Housing, textbook and food, NOT included in fees.
Recommended prerequisite review:
- Applied Epidemiology Manual
- Epidemiology for Public Health Practice by Friis and Sellers, 5th Edition
- Field Epidemiology by Michael Gregg, 3rd Edition
- Communicable Disease Manual
- A Dictionary of Epidemiology
Continuing Education Information:
- Certificate of attendance will be issued upon completion of this course
Monday, June 1, 2020 – Friday, June 12, 2020
8:30 AM – 12:00 PM
Eastern Time Zone
Claudia Nance Rollins Auditorium
Rollins School of Public Health
1518 Clifton Rd.
Atlanta, Georgia 30322