ICD-10-CM Update For 2019
Presented By: Lynn Anderanin
Live Webinar | September 20th, 2018 | Time: 1:00 PM EST | Duration: 60 minutes
Use “SAVE30” to get $30 off
Get 1.0 AAPC Approved CEU
Each year there are additions, revisions, and deletions to the ICD-10-CM manual that become effective on October 1st.
The annual changes to the ICD-10-CM manual are created by CMS and the World Health Organization (WHO) for providers to report the diagnoses codes for the services rendered to patient in any setting. ICD-10-CM codes are used by many insurance carriers to determine the medical necessity of a procedure or service, which will then result in payment or denial. Attendees will get the information about the changes in all specialties so that they are up to date with the most current ICD-10-CM codes, and how they should be applied in their office. Without a session like this, changes may be overlooked, and claims will be denied, causing delays in reimbursement. Also, ICD-10-CM changes may cause documentation to change in order to substantiate the diagnoses codes. Attendees will understand what will be important in the documentation for the correct ICD-10-CM code(s) to be chosen. We will also review the 2019 ICD-10-CM Official Guidelines that are a guide to correct diagnoses coding and must be followed. These guidelines give specific direction to anyone choosing ICD-10-CM codes, for the proper code assignment.
Notable Criteria Discussed In The Session:
- Review new codes added for 2019 that have been converted from a previous parent code.
- Good understanding of changes required in documentation to substantiate the coding changes.
- Become knowledgeable of the 280 new codes, 170 revisions, and 3 deleted ICD-10CM codes.
- Review the Official ICD-10-CM Guideline changes for proper coding and reimbursement.
- Documentation requirements related to the provider legally responsible for the patient’s diagnosis.
Who Can Attend: Coders, billers, physicians, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, auditors.
About Our Speaker: Lynn Anderanin, CPC, CPPM, CPMA, CPC-I, COSC, is the Sr. Director of Coding Education for Healthcare Information Services, a physicians revenue cycle management company.