Tribal Public Health Conference – Call for Abstracts
Abstract submissions will be accepted until 11:59 (CST) Dec. 9, 2019. If you submit an abstract after the deadline it will not be accepted for review.
Those presenting in all areas of research and public health relating to American Indian/Alaska Native populations are encouraged to submit an abstract form. Topic areas may include, but are not limited to, mental health, holistic wellness, tobacco prevention/cessation, substance abuse prevention, behavioral health, policy and advocacy, social media/traditional media strategies, opioid misuse prevention, youth wellness, male health, female health, oral health, elder health, fitness, and nutrition.
- Each abstract is limited to a maximum of 300 words.
- Must be relevant to tribal public health and American Indian/Alaska Native populations.
- Must provide three learning objectives.
- Must provide speaker biography.
Abstract Submission Process:
Abstracts must be submitted online through the Tribal Public Health Conference website found at www.tphconference.org.
- Faxed, emailed or mailed abstract submissions will not be accepted.
- SPTHB will not cover travel fees incurred by oral and poster presenters.
- Presenters (oral or poster) may not use their conference presentation to market products or services.
- All abstracts accepted for breakout and poster presentation will be posted in conference app and website.
Abstract Review and Selection:
All abstract submissions will be reviewed by members of the SPTHB Abstract Review Committee. Authors of accepted abstracts will be notified of the results by the end of January 2020. Reviews will not be forwarded to abstract authors.
Abstracts are selected on the basis of appropriate fit to conference theme, relevance to tribal public health, and American Indian/Alaska Native populations. Additional information for oral and poster presentations will be provided to authors of accepted abstracts.
Abstract Presentation Categories:
Abstracts will be considered for oral presentation (one-hour breakout session) and poster presentation.
Oral (one-hour breakout session) Presentations:
Abstracts accepted for oral presentation will present in concurrent sessions, with approximately one-hour per session. Authors of accepted abstracts will be informed of presentation dates and times.
- Abstracts accepted for poster presentations will present during the poster presentation session of the conference. Authors of accepted abstracts will be informed of specific times and additional information.
- Poster presenters will be required to set up and take down their posters in the exhibit area. A poster board and thumb tacks will be provided.
- The poster should be no more than 48” wide by 36” tall. Posters will hang from the display boards with thumb tacks, which will be provided at each poster station. Be sure that your poster contains font size big enough so that readers can read the poster from at least 3 feet away.
- Detailed information, including a set up and take down schedule, will be provided to all poster presenters after the acceptance notification.
If you have any questions about the process, please contact Aron Wahkinney (email@example.com or 405-652-9203).