Are you Alaska Native or American Indian and interested in health research? Are you a researcher or public health professional interested in Alaska Native health research? Are you at least 18 years old?
The Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium (ANTHC) and Alaska Pacific University (APU) invite you to attend up to three weeks of courses held at APU covering:
- Indigenous and Western research methodologies
- Community-based participatory research
- Culturally responsive community engagement and communication
- Health research ethics
- Health research and historical trauma
Choose the week(s) that best fits your needs:
- Week one | May 6-10
Advanced research courses
- Week two | May 13-17
Intermediate research ethics courses
- Week three | May 20-24
Introductory research courses
In addition to the three weeks of courses, five-week internships are being offered!
- There is no cost for the three weeks of courses
- Limited scholarships for travel (including airfare, room and board) are offered
- Academic credit available and professional development
Registration opens in February!
Contact Lauren Smayda at firstname.lastname@example.org or (907) 729-4551.
This program is supported by the National Institute Of General Medical Sciences of the National Institutes of Health under Award Number S06GM127911. The content is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official views of the National Institutes of Health.