NIHB Health Policy Fellowship
Growing the Next Generation of Indian Health Advocates
National Indian Health Board (NIHB) Health Policy Fellows are a diverse group of talented Native youth who are dedicated to making a difference in their communities.
Fellows work directly with their Tribal leadership to identify one priority health issue. Then, with the support of program mentors, Fellows learn how to analyze policy in their issue area, create informed recommendations, and advocate for change.
Health Policy Fellows:
- Learn about the policies that affect the health of Indian people
- Grow their team-building and leadership skills
- Educate their Congressional and Tribal leaders on important health issues
- Learn tips for being effective advocates and community changemakers
- Present at national conferences and gatherings
- Contribute to the development of national and Tribal health programs and policies
Applications are due March 30, 2019 by 11:59 p.m.