Present your work at APHA 2019!
The 2019 Call for Abstracts is open!
APHA’s 2019 Annual Meeting and Expo will bring close to 13,000 professionals to Philadelphia to learn, network and find inspiration and we want YOU to be there! Submit an abstract to become a presenter. You’ll be a part of a career building and personally rewarding experience that attracts leaders from all areas of public health.
- Share your research with a large public health audience.
- Enhance your CV.
- Expand your career opportunities.
- Receive feedback from colleagues.
Abstracts are presented in the following formats:
- Oral Sessions — Formal presentations with large groups followed by Q&A segments with the audience.
- Roundtable Sessions — Intimate, moderated group discussions.
- Poster Sessions — Visual representations of research and findings; presenters interact one-on-one with attendees.
APHA 2019’s theme is “Creating the Healthiest Nation: For science. For action. For health.” We encourage you to submit an abstract related to the theme, but abstracts covering any area of public health are welcome.
Submission Deadlines: Feb. 19-23, 2019, depending on the group receiving your abstract.
Abstract Status Notification: June 3, 2019
Registration and Housing open: June 3, 2019
You do not have to be an APHA member to submit an abstract. However, if your abstract is accepted for presentation, the presenting author must become an individual member of APHA and must register for the Annual Meeting by the Advance Deadline.