07/09/19 - 07/11/19 All day
Albuquerque Area Indian Health Board
7001 Prospect Place NE, Albuquerque, NM 87110
July 9-11, 2019
Digital Storytelling is a low-cost, powerful way to promote change by sharing your voice with digital media, such as, images, music, video (optional). This workshop is designed for all levels of computer experience.
As you plan to attend the workshop, think of what story is most important for you to share with others.
- Why is this story important to me? Why is it important to tell it now?
- Who is the audience for this story?
- Can I include my Native language, culture, and traditions in my story?
Tuesday-July 9, 2019 (8:30 am to 4:30 pm):
- Script/Narration writing-facilitating individual/class motivation
- Storyboard Development-choosing power point vs Word documents
- Voice Recording-microphones, Audacity, sound rooms
Wednesday –July 10, 2019 (8:30 am to 4:30 pm):
- Movie Maker/Movavi/IMovie titles, credits, transitions
- Movie Maker/Movavi/IMovie image importing, text boxes, video editing
- Movie Maker/Movavi/IMovie voice editing short cuts
- Movie Maker/Movavi/IMovie music editing, matching, sound short cuts
Thursday-July 11, 2019 (8:30 am to 12:00 pm):
- Finalizing Projects
- Review videos/editing
For more information please contact:
Jerrod Moore (firstname.lastname@example.org) TIPRC Program Manager
There is no registration cost for this workshop (20 participant max), airfare and travel will have to be covered by your programs but a limited amount of rooms will be set aside for those needing lodging. It will be set on a first-come first-serve basis.
View/Download Flyer (PDF 428KB)
- Create their own 1 to 3 minute digital story told in first person narrative.
- Learn the basics of script development, digital imagery and video editing.
Participants should bring:
- Photographs saved on USB drive or CD
- Laptop with the MicroSoft Movie Maker or Movavi Video Editor program
Participants should bring a draft story.
- Keep it to 300 words or less
- Write to an audience; they will be hearing your story and not reading it.